When we announced our expansion to Portland, Oregon, the folks at Bob’s Red Mill were some of the first to get in touch with us about partnering. We’re huge fans of each other and we could think of no better way to announce this to the world than baking a cobbler with our stone fruit. We hope you can taste the love in every bite!
Stone Fruit Crisp
Serves: 8 – 10
Prep takes: 20 minutes
Cooking takes: 60 – 70 minutes
Time to chill or do other things in the kitchen: 1 hour
Awesome recipe created by: Sarah House for Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods
- 1 c Rolled Oats
- 1/3 c Unbleached White All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 c Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 c Butter
- 3/4 cup Evaporated Cane Sugar
- 1/4 cup Corn Starch
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/8 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 4 lbs assorted Imperfect stone fruit (peaches, plums, nectarines), pitted and sliced ½-inch thick
- 1 Tbsp Imperfect Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine oats, flour, sugar, and salt. Add cool butter and mix until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, corn starch, salt, and spices. Add sliced fruit, lemon juice, and vanilla extract and mix gently to combine.
- Pour filling into a 2-quart baking dish and sprinkle topping evenly over the top.
- Bake until filling is bubbling, 60 – 70 minutes. Let cool 1 hour before serving.