Welcome back to Part II of my Reusing Your Produce series! The last article shared tips on how to use Imperfect produce to decorate a table. I used grapefruits because they are so beautiful, colorful, and textured — you can even use them for table decor. Most importantly, grapefruits can be reused the next day!
To show you how easy it can be to reuse produce, I am sharing a mimosa recipe. If you are wondering what to pair with your mimosa, I’ve got you covered. Keep reading!
Imperfect Grapefruit Mimosas
- 1 large imperfect pink grapefruit
- High speed blender
- Peel grapefruit, removing rind entirely and most of the white.
- Place in high speed blender and puree until creamy and smooth.
- In champagne glass, pour ⅓ full with grapefruit juice.
- Top off with champagne.
As a bonus, I am sharing recipes that will be perfect to pair with your mimosa! What’s better than a delicious morning meal? My love of weekend brunch is well-known and needless to say, mimosas and brunch go hand in hand. Pair your mimosa with this breakfast toast made with cashew hollandaise, fried eggs, and fresh herbs. Divine!
Breakfast Toast with Cashew Hollandaise, Fried Eggs, and Fresh Herbs
- 4 slices of bread, toasted
- 12 oz. (1 ½ c) raw cashew hollandaise spread (see recipe below)
- 4 fried eggs
- Fresh dill, small bunch
- Watercress (or spinach), small bunch
- 1 whole lemon, juiced and zested
- Salt and pepper, to finish
- Begin by toasting 4 pieces of bread
- Rinse and lightly chop dill and watercress, set aside
- Fry eggs in cast iron skillet over medium low heat
- Spread hollandaise on toast
- Layer on fried eggs
- Garnish with watercress and dill
- Sprinkle with finely grated lemon zest and juice
- Finish with olive oil, sea salt, and fresh cracked pepper
Raw Cashew Hollandaise Spread
- 88g (½ c) cashews, soaked for 4 hours
- 4 oz (½ c) almond milk
- 4 oz (½ c) olive oil
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 4 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp sriracha
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp salt
- Drain cashews
- In high speed blender add all ingredients
- Puree until smooth and creamy
- Enjoy fresh as a hollandaise or chill in fridge for several hours for a more firm spreadable texture
- Note: keeps for up to 10 days in fridge when stored in airtight container