imperfect stories

What February Has In Store For Your Imperfect Box

February has an unfortunate reputation of only being a good month for football fans and greeting card companies. What on earth is still growing in February, anyway? We’re here to tell you that this February is going to be an extra awesome one for Imperfect customers. Want to see what we mean? Here are a few of the delightful things that February has in store for your Imperfect box:

Avocado Arrival

You probably know that February is a huge month for funny ads and finger foods thanks to that uniquely superb Sunday every year. What you might not know is that after all the guacamole is gone, there are still tons of avocados in need of a home. Just like Mandarin oranges after Christmas, avocado growers after the big game are often stuck with huge quantities of fruit that they can’t sell, because the supermarket buyers have already moved on to the next holiday. What this means for your box is that you should keep an eye out for surplus and small avocados because, after Sunday, February 3rd, we’re going to have a lot of them that need a home.

Squash

While much of the country is too cold to grow gorgeous gourds right now, we’re working closely with our squash farmers in the Southwest to source delicious spaghetti, acorn, kabocha, and butternut squashes to add some variety to your winter box. What’s even better about this arrangement is that we’re sourcing their small squashes that would otherwise be left unharvested in the field. You’ll get to enjoy squashes in nature’s ideal serving size and while we get to help some squash farmers make a better living.

Mushrooms Go National

We have a long standing relationship with a specialty mushroom grower outside of Half Moon Bay, California, sourcing delicious mushrooms like shiitakes, criminis, and oysters for our San Francisco and Los Angeles customers. We’re delighted to share that we’re now able to bring these phenomenal mushrooms to our Chicago and San Antonio customers, too!

Texas Heats Up

While our Midwest farms are taking a well-earned long winter’s nap, things in Texas are starting to heat up in the most delicious way. The Texas citrus season is still going strong but we’re extra excited that our Texas customers are about to have more variety than ever before. Keep an eye out for new arrivals like cabbage, cauliflower, eggplant, and lots of leafy greens in February.

Nancy Heifferon
    January 27, 2019 at 8:12 pm

I’m a new customer. Thanks for the post with heads up on what to anticipate with pleasure.

Imperfect
      January 29, 2019 at 6:07 pm

Hey Nancy!
      Thanks so much for joining Imperfect! We’re so glad to hear that you enjoyed our blog post. We hope you love the February produce!

Amy Amaryllis
    February 2, 2019 at 7:43 pm

Just dropping by to say that my Imperfect box is especially delightful in these dark Seattle months. I love the variety and the ultra reliable delivery team, and dry goods options too?? You guys are my fave!

Imperfect
      February 4, 2019 at 5:59 pm

Hey Amy!
      Thanks for dropping by with the kind words. We’re really happy that our produce can brighten up the Seattle winter for you. We appreciate your support!

Orchid Flame
    February 2, 2019 at 8:32 pm

Give me allll the avocados! 😍😍😍

Stephanie Johnson
    February 4, 2019 at 5:46 am

New customer here. I really loved my first box and am looking forward to see what is in store for my second box. Can’t wait till 3pm tomorrow when I can go and see and customize my box. I love seeing that mushrooms will be coming to Chicago and always want avocados.

Imperfect
      February 4, 2019 at 5:58 pm

Hey Stephanie!
      We’re so happy to hear that you loved your first box. Thanks so much for your support. Let us know what you end up cooking with your next batch of mushrooms and avocados!

Dawn Stone
    February 4, 2019 at 8:24 pm

HI – I am a new customer as well – have received two boxes so far (forgot to customize my second but was thrilled with what I received) and love them. The Shitake Mushrooms were delightful! And I always want Avocados!

Dawn

Imperfect
      February 4, 2019 at 10:09 pm

Hey Dawn,
      We’re so happy that you’re loving the mushrooms and avocados. Thanks for sharing this feedback with us!