Making a dessert doesn’t have to involve a ton of work or a ton of ingredients. We love this simple and refreshing grain-free strawberry tart because it’s made with 5 simple ingredients and lets fresh strawberries shine.
This recipe comes to us from Lauren of Flora & Vino!
- 1 c almonds
- 1 c dates
- 1 can of coconut milk, chilled overnight
- 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Sliced strawberries
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
- Hemp hearts (optional)
- To make the tart crusts, pulse the almonds into flour in a food processor.
- Add the dates and process until the mixture sticks together.
- Press 2-3 Tbsp of mixture into the bottom of a muffin tin or tart pan lined with parchment paper (to avoid sticking) to mold your tart shape.
- To make the coconut cream, chill the can of coconut milk in the fridge for at least 24 hours.
- After chilling the can, open the can and scoop the solid white coconut cream into the bowl.
- Discard the coconut water or save it for another use.
- Using an electric hand mixer or a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, beat the cream until fluffy and smooth. Add in maple syrup to taste. Return whipped cream to fridge until ready to use.
- Slice your strawberries as a topping, or, for a sweeter alternative, heat the strawberries slices over the stovetop at low heat with a drizzle of maple syrup. Let cool.
- Store coconut cream, tart crusts, and sliced strawberry mixture in the fridge until ready to serve. They will keep in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 1 week.
- To assemble the grain-free strawberry tarts, spread chilled coconut cream onto each tart and top with fresh strawberry slices. Add the optional fresh mint and hemp hearts. Serve immediately and return all leftovers to the fridge.
Recipe Notes and Variations
- Chilling your coconut milk helps the cream separate out from the liquid, making it easy to use later.
- Use full-fat coconut milk for this recipe, since you’ll need all of the cream that settles at the top.