This recipe just screams tomato season to us- with cherry tomatoes, a fresh leafy herb, and a simple but satisfying presentation. This cherry tomato bruschetta is a quick and easy warm-weather snack or light dinner.
Recipe and photo by Dafna Ben-Zeev of Freshly Dafna!
- 1/2 of a sliced baguette or 6-7 slices of gluten-free bread
- 2 c cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Combine tomatoes, olive oil, and basil in a bowl, adding salt and pepper to your liking and set aside.
- Place bread on a baking sheet and brush tops with olive oil.
- Put in oven and bake until bread is lightly browned (about 3 mins).
- Carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven and top the toasts with tomatoes.
- Place back in the oven and bake for 2 more mins.
- Serve your bruschetta toasts warm!
Recipe Notes and Variations
- For a Mexican twist, replace the basil with some cilantro and add a squeeze of lime and a dash of chili flakes.
- If you’re just making a small batch or it’s just too hot to turn on your oven, you could easily make bruschetta in your toaster oven!
- After your bruschetta, we recommend the Vegan Pumpkin Ricotta or the Spring Onion and Asparagus Gnocchi with Burrata