Photo and recipe by Ellie of Hungry by Nature!
This Roasted Veggie Potato Salad is the perfect flavor-packed side dish for all of your summer cookouts! It’s made with crispy roasted potatoes, green beans, thinly sliced red onion, corn, lots of fresh herbs, and a lemon vinaigrette. It’s a lighter take on a classic potato salad, and the flavors are so bright and vibrant that you’ll want to make it all summer long!
- 1.5 lb baby or fingerling potatoes*, halved or quartered depending on their size
- 3 Tbsp olive oil*, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lb green beans*, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 ½ c corn*
- ¼ medium red onion*, very thinly sliced
- ¼ c of fresh herbs of your choosing*, roughly chopped
- 4 Tbsp fresh lemon juice*
- 1 clove garlic*, minced
- 1 Tbsp honey mustard
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil*
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400℉. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with a silpat liner, parchment paper, or aluminum foil. Place potatoes on the baking sheet and toss with 1 ½ Tbsp olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown and crispy, tossing once during baking.
- While the potatoes are roasting, line a second large rimmed baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper. Add green beans and corn and toss with remaining 1 ½ Tbsp olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place baking sheet in the oven at the halfway mark of the potatoes and roast for the remaining 20 minutes.
- Make the vinaigrette. In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, honey mustard, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Once the potatoes, green beans, and corn are finished roasting, let them cool for a few minutes, then add to a large bowl along with the red onion, two-thirds of the vinaigrette, and a couple big pinches of salt and several grinds of freshly cracked black pepper. Toss to combine. Add the herbs and toss once again. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper if desired. Serve immediately with the extra vinaigrette!
Recipe Notes and Variations
When it comes to herbs for a potato salad, dill is our favorite, but use what you have around! Mixed veggie salads like this are also a great way to use up the many jars of condiments we all have in our fridges, like salty capers, savory sun-dried tomatoes, or briny olives. Any of these ingredients will add a wonderful pop of contrast to the final salad.