Recipe and photo by Katie Olsen of Katiebird Bakes
Only a few simple ingredients are needed for this easy and fresh no-churn peach ice cream, and an ice cream machine isn’t one of them!
Yield: about 2 quarts or 16 servings
Peach Ice Cream Base
- 1 lb fresh peaches*
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice*
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 c heavy whipping cream
For Mixing In
- 1-2 medium peaches, peeled and diced
- Peel peaches if desired (it works either way). Pit, slice, and add to a blender or food processor. Add the lemon juice and blend on high speed until reduced to a purée.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and salt, and blend until fully combined with the peach purée. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the heavy cream on medium speed until stiff peaks form when the mixer is stopped and lifted (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add the peach mixture to the whipped cream and beat on low speed until combined and smooth.
- Pour half the mixture into a 2-quart freezer-safe dish (a 9×5-inch loaf pan works great), scatter half the diced peaches over top, and then pour in the rest of the mixture. Scatter the remaining diced peaches over top and then swirl in gently with the spatula.
- Cover tightly and freeze for at least 6 hours and up to 2 weeks. For easiest scooping, remove from the freezer 20-30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Recipe Notes and Variations
- Don’t have peaches? No worries, this recipe works great with a variety of stone fruit, so feel free to substitute with nectarines, apricots, or pluots if you like.
- Looking for a dairy-free alternative to condensed milk? Here’s a simple substitute using vanilla rice-milk powder that works for ice cream and other recipes requiring condensed milk.
- Store any leftovers covered in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.