Recipe and photo by Flora & Vino!
Cherry tomatoes are one of the sweetest things about summer. They star in this summer salad that’s healthy, fresh, and full of flavor.
- Pint of cherry tomatoes, halved*
- 1 15 oz can kidney beans (or your favorite bean), drained and rinsed*
- 2 c organic arugula
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts
- 1 medium avocado, diced*
- 1 lemon, squeezed*
- 2 tsp cold-pressed avocado oil (optional)*
- Black pepper*
- Add the cherry tomatoes, kidney beans, arugula, pine nuts, and diced avocado to a large mixing bowl and toss to combine.
- Add squeezed lemon, drizzle of avocado oil, and black pepper and toss again to combine.
- Serve immediately. Store leftovers separately in the fridge for 2-3 days and combine before serving.
Recipe Notes and Variations
Roasting your pine nuts before adding them to your salad will release and intensify their flavor, and balance the arugula’s bitterness and the tart sweetness of the cherry tomatoes. If you don’t have pine nuts, try using pecans, walnuts, or almonds instead. You could also add some homemade croutons made from any stale bread you have lying around!