I’m realizing that the most sustainable decision I can make is to say no.Davida Lederle
Davida Lederle, aka The Healthy Maven, has a widely popular blog and podcast. Tens of thousands of people turn to her for tips and ideas on all things health and beauty — including recipes, hair tips, and more.
It’s incredible to think that when she first launched her blog, she was too afraid to tell anyone about it for 3 months!
Davida joined us to talk about her journey toward becoming the Healthy Maven, and shares specific tips she lives by to be happy, healthy, and less wasteful.
Hint: It’s okay to be imperfect.
Can’t-miss moments from the show
1. Moving from Canada to the U.S. can really open one’s eyes up to the world of healthcare — and nature
2. Marie Kondo isn’t for everyone
3. The only expert on you is you
4. Being called an influencer isn’t’ all it’s cracked up to be
5. In some cases, kale can be wasteful — who knew?!
Links to the things we mentioned in the show
- The Healthy Maven podcast episode
- Stonyfield Yogurt
- NPR article on why herbs go to waste
- How to get the most out of your herbs
- Davida’s go-to karaoke song: Hall & Oates, Make My Dreams
- When we recorded our show, Davida was feeling really grateful for her dog, Bodhi. Obviously, we had to share how awesome he is.
If you enjoyed this episode with Davida Lederle of Healthy Maven, then tune in to The Science of Flavor With Nik Sharma