This delightfully light and happy drink is sure to put a smile on your face. Perfect for a Labor Day barbecue or late summer lunch on the patio, this homemade lemonade brings the perfect sweet and refreshing touch to any gathering.
Recipe and photo by Hetal Vasvada of Milk and Cardamom
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 c water
- 1 c fresh mango, diced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp dried rose petal
- 1/2 c fresh lemon juice
- Add sugar, water, and mango to a small saucepan over medium heat. When the syrup comes to a boil, add the rose petals and stir. Simmer for 8 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature. Stir in lemon juice and strain to remove the mango and rose petals.
- To make each drink, add 1/4 cup of the mango rose lemon syrup and 1/2 cup of water to an ice-filled glass.
Recipe Notes and Variations
- If you don’t have dried rose petals or can’t find them, you could also use dried hibiscus flowers or fresh mint leaves. Both are equally refreshing and delicious!
- If you are of age to drink alcohol and are in the mood for a cocktail, feel free to add a splash of tequila or rum!
- Play with the syrup to water ratio so that you get the sweetness/flavor right for your taste buds!
- Pair this homemade lemonade with a summery Citrus and Beet Salad.