Recipe and photo by Hetal Vasvada of Milk and Cardamom
This delightfully light and happy drink is sure to put a smile on your face. Perfect for a Labor Day barbecue or late summer lunch on the patio, this drink brings the perfect sweet and refreshing touch to any gathering.
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 c water
- 1 c fresh mango, diced*
- 1 1/2 Tbsp dried rose petal
- 1/2 c fresh lemon juice*
- Add sugar, water, and mango to a small saucepan over medium heat. When the syrup comes to a boil, add the rose petals and stir. Simmer for 8 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature. Stir in lemon juice and strain to remove the mango and rose petals.
- To make each drink, add 1/4 cup of the mango rose lemon syrup and 1/2 cup of water to an ice-filled glass.
Recipe Notes and Variations
- If you don’t have dried rose petals or can’t find them, you could also use dried hibiscus flowers or fresh mint leaves. Both are equally refreshing and delicious!
- If you are of age to drink alcohol and are in the mood for a cocktail, feel free to add a splash of tequila or rum!
- Play with the syrup to water ratio so that you get the sweetness/flavor right for your taste buds!