As forgiving as they are delicious, a veggie frittata is and easy way to use up eggs and any neglected herbs and veggies you have in your fridge. This recipe combines the light airiness of eggs and coconut flour with bites of tart creamy goat cheese and broccoli to create a meal perfect for breakfast, brunch, or lunch.
Recipe and photo by Freshly Dafna
- 10 eggs
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 c broccoli florets (about 1 head), cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 c arugula, rough chopped
- 2 oz feta or goat cheese (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375F and grease an 8×8 baking dish with the oil of your choosing.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients, except the broccoli, arugula, and cheese, together until eggs are frothy and everything is well incorporated.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and pour into the baking dish.
- Bake 18-20 min or until top is golden brown and eggs are set and not too wobbly.
Recipe Notes and Variations
- This veggie frittata can be easily made dairy free by using nut/seed milk and omitting the cheese or substituting nut cheese. Swapping cheese for avocado would also be just as delicious.
- This recipe is very adaptable. Feel free to use any quick cooking veggies/greens/herbs that sound good to you.
- To add potatoes, give them a short boil so they are just tender, strain well, let cool, and add into the egg mixture.
- Try our Shakshuka for another crowd-pleasing breakfast.