We have exciting news: Imperfect is launching a podcast!
“Unwasted with Imperfect” will explore ways to live a less wasteful and more meaningful life through a series of fun and thought-provoking conversations with inspiring people helping to build a more sustainable future.
We know it feels like everyone and their dog has a podcast these days, so we’re taking some time to explain why we’re creating this one.
After spending 4 years fighting food waste through our grocery delivery model, we realized there was more we could, and should, do to help. While our business model has had a tangible impact on farmers, food producers, and our customers, our community continues to have many unanswered questions about how much waste they struggle with in other parts of their lives.
What seems to be missing for these folks was not another green product, but some common-sense, actionable advice on how to live more conscientiously and less wastefully.
The more we spoke with farmers, businesspeople, and our customers, the more we realized that the problem of waste was larger, more complex, and more interconnected than we had imagined. In order to tackle such an immense problem, we all needed some new perspectives and some expert advice.
While waste can feel paralyzing and overwhelming, we firmly believe that things don’t have to be this way. The good news is that we’re not alone in this belief. The people who feel strongest about this optimistic outlook on waste are those who have earned their optimism through a life of working to do things differently.
And we want you to meet them.
Each week, we’ll have a casual conversation with an inspiring expert in one area of living less wastefully. Our guests are smart, quirky, and come from a wide range of backgrounds. They are entrepreneurs, chefs, CEOs, writers, activists, bloggers, and authors. What unites them is their passion for thinking differently and their relentless drive to take action.
All of them share their unique and eye-opening perspectives, and will leave you with some truly nourishing food for thought.
Some of the folks we’ll be talking to in Season One include:
- Doug Rauch, former President of Trader Joe’s and founder of Daily Table
- Jonathan Bloom, author of American Wasteland
- Kathryn Kellogg of Going Zero Waste
- Alison Roman, food writer for the New York Times and Bon Appétit Magazine
- Joel Gamoran, National Chef for Sur La Table and host of “Scraps.”
- Tristram Stuart, author of Waste: Uncovering the Global Food Scandal and founder of Toast Ale
- Jessica Koslow, Founder and Chef at Sqirl in Los Angeles
Speaking from their own personal experience, our guests share honest and unfiltered takes on thought-provoking questions like:
- How much power do consumers have to create environmental change?
- What are tips and tricks that you can use at home to waste less food, have less clutter, and create less trash?
- What are the basic principles of a healthy and sustainable diet?
- When is a good time to “quit your day job” and start a new project or business?
- Who are the individuals and organizations championing sustainability the right way that we should emulate?
We’ll also cover a lot of less conventional but equally important topics like our guests’ favorite recipes, their personal principles for healthier living, and their go-to karaoke songs.
Our goal is to share knowledge and inspiration for the principles of building a less wasteful life, food system, and economy. So subscribe to Unwasted, the podcast for folks who want to live more sustainably.
Know a guest we should interview? Send your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
So give it a listen and share your feedback! We hope you love it.