The thing that is most important to me is how do you feed the world well, at a price that’s affordable.jessica koslow
Jessica Koslow is the chef behind the restaurant
It’s incredible to think that this highly acclaimed chef didn’t go to culinary school. In fact, pursuing a career in food didn’t hit her until her college years, when she found herself on a cranberry farm
Can’t miss moments from the show
- Jessica shares a tip on how to get into Sqirl, even with the long line.
- She demystifies pickling and preserving (it’s not that scary!) Plus, here’s a link on how to pickle produce.
- Jessica shares ideas on how to use stems, aging fruit, and avocado pits in different recipes
- She explains why most chefs are really boring cooks at home.
- She shares awesome tips on how to keep leftovers interesting
Links to things we talked about
- Check out the Sqirl website.
- Check out chef Jessica on IG
- Jessica’s brand new restaurant: Onda
- Gravenstein Apple “The End Of Summer In A Fruit”
- Magnus Nilsson, the Swedish chef who was formerly the head chef at the restaurant Fäviken until it closed.
- Jessica’s go-to karaoke song: And I Ran by Flock of Seagulls
If you enjoyed this episode, then tune in to Redefining Black Food with Chef Mimi.