These gluten-free and grain-free blondies are a delicious dessert you’ll come back to over and over again. Almond butter and coconut flour blondie with swirls of mashed raspberries, dark chocolate, and a pinch of sea salt on top make for a delicious gluten-and-grain-free dessert.
Recipe and photos by Katie Olsen of Katiebird Bakes
- 1 cup natural creamy almond butter*
- 1/2 c coconut sugar*
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 2 large eggs*
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt (omit if using salted almond butter)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour*
- 1/2 c fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 tsp coconut sugar*
- 1/2 c dark chocolate chunks or chips*
- Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling on top**Ingredient available to add to your Imperfect box
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 square pan or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond butter, coconut sugar, and maple syrup until smooth and well-combined.
- Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, until fully combined.
- Stir in the vanilla, salt, and baking soda until the mixture is smooth and well-combined.
- Stir in the coconut flour. This may take some elbow grease as the mixture will become stiff! Make sure it gets evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, mash the raspberries and 1 tsp coconut sugar with a fork until broken down into a chunky puree. Dollop evenly over the batter, then swirl with a toothpick until desired pattern is formed.
- Sprinkle chocolate chunks/chips evenly over the raspberry swirls. Bake for 30-32 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a couple crumbs attached.
- Let cool for a few minutes before sprinkling coarse sea salt over top. Blondies will hold their shape best if left to cool fully, but I understand if you can’t wait that long.
Recipe Notes and Variations
- Your grain-free blondies will keep, well-wrapped or packed tightly in a container in the fridge for up to 5 days. They’re delicious warm or cold!