Satisfy your craving for Mexican food with this delightfully fresh yet filling jackfruit burrito bowl that’s completely vegan. Whether you’re cooking lunch for yourself or dinner for the whole family, the flavors and textures in this burrito bowl are sure to please.
Recipe and photo by Dafna Ben-Zeev of Freshly Dafna
- 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1 package Upton’s Naturals Vegan Chili Lime Carnitas Jackfruit
- Small onion, thinly sliced
- Sliced Radish
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and saute until onion is just soft and translucent about 3 minutes.
- Add the jackfruit and cook with the onion, breaking up any larger pieces of jackfruit, for about 4 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve with your favorite jackfruit burrito bowl fixings!
Recipe Notes and Variations
- Make sure to drain and rinse your jackfruit. Look for young green jackfruit that’s canned in water. Other canning options like brine or syrup can change the flavor of the jackfruit.
- The beauty of burrito bowls is you can really make them your own. Feel free to add whatever toppings you like to your jackfruit burrito bowl including cheese and meat if you aren’t a vegan.
- If it’s summer where you are, try topping off your jackfruit burrito bowl with grilled fennel.