Maple syrup and mustard make a delicious sweet and savory pairing, creating a simple glaze for this easy salmon & brussels sprouts sheet pan dinner. Save the leftover glaze to spoon over the salmon and roasted Brussels sprouts! This recipe makes a light dinner for four, but serve it with your choice of starch, such as rice, polenta, or mashed potatoes or cauliflower for a more substantial meal.
Recipe and photos by Maren Ellingboe
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 lb salmon, cut into 4 4-oz fillets
- 1 ½ lbs Brussels sprouts, trimmed & cut in half
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- Kosher salt
- Ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. Whisk maple syrup, mustard, 1 Tbsp olive oil, vinegar and shallot together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Toss Brussels sprouts with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper in a large bowl. Place salmon on a rimmed baking sheet, and arrange Brussels sprouts cut-side down around fillets. Brush salmon generously with maple-mustard sauce and season with salt and pepper. Reserve remaining sauce.
- Roast salmon and vegetables until fish is flaky and Brussels sprouts are very browned, 18-20 minutes.
- Serve with remaining sauce, accompanied by rice or polenta if desired.
Recipe Notes and Variations
- Though salmon and Brussels sprouts pair particularly well together, this roasting technique also works well for other cruciferous vegetables—try it with broccoli, cauliflower, or romanesco for a different take!
- If you liked this Salmon & Brussels Sprouts Sheet Pan Dinner, try our other easy weeknight dinners: Sheet Pan Chipotle Chicken with Lime Yogurt and Roasted Cauliflower and Meatball Sheet Pan Dinner.