This almond-crusted salmon recipe comes together in under 20 minutes, making it ideal for busy weeknights. Almonds and salmon are filled with healthy fats and protein, and with its crunchy coating, this quick-cooking dish works well for gluten-free diets. Serve with a simple salad or as part of a grain bowl.
Recipe & Photo by Maren Ellingboe
- ½ c almonds
- ¼ c grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 lb. salmon filets
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place almonds on a rimmed baking sheet. Toast until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Let cool. Place almonds in the body of a food processor and chop until almost ground, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Place almonds in a small bowl. Add cheese, parsley and lemon zest. Mix to combine.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Increase oven to 400°.
- Place salmon filets on prepared baking sheet. Pat dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Spread mustard over the top of filets. Pat with almond mixture until coated.
- Bake salmon until just cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.