Pair this delicious, flavorful carrot hummus with a colorful veggie platter for the perfect appetizer for your big game viewing party! It’s festive, nutritious, and the best way to kick off a day of sports, heckling, and joyful snacking.
Recipe and photo by Dafna Ben-Zeev of @freshlydafna!
- 1 lb carrots, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 4 Tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 2 tsp salt, divided
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 c tahini
- 1/2 c water
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl medium mix together 2 Tbsp avocado oil, 1 tsp salt, cumin, and paprika. Add the carrots and toss until carrots are well seasoned and glistening.
- Spread carrots evenly on baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes, or until the carrots are soft and easily pierced with a knife.
- Let carrots cool slightly, then transfer to food processor or high powered blender.
- Blend with remaining 2 Tbsp of avocado oil, tahini, water, and lemon until smooth.
- Taste and add more cumin, lemon, and/or salt to taste.
- Serve with a cornucopia of fresh veggies, crackers, or toasted bread!