Add a twist to your breakfast with this easy homemade tropical granola. Packed with tropical fruits and coconut this delicious granola will be your new favorite breakfast.
- 2 c oats*
- 1 c raw almonds, roughly chopped*
- 3/4 c shredded coconuts, unsweetened
- 1/4 c sesame seeds
- 1/4 c flaxmeal
- 1/2 tsp salt*
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil*
- 1/2 c maple syrup*
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4-1/2 c dried mango or pineapple* (or a mix of the two)
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together oats, almonds, coconut, sesame, flax, and sea salt until all is well combined, set aside.
- Melt together the coconut oil and maple syrup, either in a microwave or a small sauce pot. Once melted, stir together well. Add in the vanilla and stir again.
- Pour the warm maple mixture over the dry ingredients and stir together so everything is well coated.
- Spread granola over baking sheet and arrange into one thin, even layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Then rotate the pan in the oven to ensure even cooking. Bake for another 5-6 more minutes. Granola is done when it’s golden brown and smells amazing!
- Remove from oven, spread the dried fruit over the granola and let cool completely. Once cool break up into chunks and gently combine with the fruit. Keep granola in an airtight container either in cool place or freezer for longer storage.
Tropical Granola Notes and Variations
- The key to chunky granola is to not stir it while baking and to leave it as is while it cools, this ensures chunky granola clusters.
- If you’re looking to go full DIY, here’s how you can make your own dried fruit.
* The fruit addition is optional. Any dried fruit will work in this recipe!