Imperfect is delighted to finally offer plant-based meat from Impossible Foods to our customers. To celebrate this partnership and help you get cooking, we’re sharing some of our favorite recipes featuring the Impossible™ Burger.
In this recipe, spicy chorizo gets a makeover with a waterfront view alongside salty arame seaweed (for that subtle clam flavor), onions, garlic, and butter. It tastes like a seaside vacation, with a kick!
by Chef Paul Barbosa (@chefpaulbarbosa)
- 1 package Impossible Burger
- 2 Tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp clove
- 2 Tbsp white wine
- 1/2 oz arame seaweed
- 1/4 white onion
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- 6 Tbsp butter
- Your favorite fresh pasta
- Salt to taste
- Mix the chorizo: Toast all spices in a dry pan over medium heat until fragrant. Let cool. Mix Impossible Burger, toasted spices, oregano, 8 garlic cloves, and white wine in a large bowl with your hands until completely mixed. Cover and refrigerate (overnight if possible).
- Prep ingredients: Boil a large pot of salted water for your pasta. At the same time, soak arame seaweed in cold water for 10 mins to rehydrate, remove and reserve soaking liquid. Dice the white onion and mince remaining 2 cloves garlic.
- Cook the Impossible: Remove Impossible chorizo from the fridge and cook through. Remove from the pan and set aside. In the same pan sauté chopped onions and garlic in 3 tablespoons of the butter until translucent. Cook the pasta according to instructions. Add chorizo and arame to garlic/onion mix. (Want to make it plant-based? Use plant-based butter!)
- Assemble sandwich: Add remaining 3 tbsp of butter and a splash of Arame soaking liquid to the chorizo. Serve over fresh pasta.
- Serve, share, and enjoy! Makes 4 servings.
Recipe Notes and Variations
- If you have extra chorizo, try making a chorizo hash in the morning with it.