These completely flourless chocolate chip almond butter cookies couldn’t be easier – they’re made in one bowl, no mixer needed. They’re crispy on the edges, soft in the middle, and chock full of chocolate! Add extra chopped chocolate to the tops of cookie dough balls before baking for the best aesthetics.
Makes 16-18 chocolate chip almond butter cookies
- ¾ cup (202g) natural salted almond butter*
- ¾ cup (133g) brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 large egg*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (74g; 2.6 oz) chopped dark or semisweet chocolate (or chocolate chips), plus extra for tops of cookies if desired
- Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling (optional)
*Ingredient available at Imperfect Foods
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients except the chocolate and coarse salt until a cohesive dough forms – it might take a minute or two, just be patient.
- Add chopped chocolate or chocolate chips and stir until evenly incorporated.
- Scoop dough, using a tablespoon-size cookie scoop or two spoons, and roll into balls.
- Arrange balls at least 2 inches apart on the parchment-lined baking sheets (they will really spread!). Add extra chopped chocolate or chocolate chips to the tops of dough balls if desired to get the look in the photos.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until crackly and spread thin. Sprinkle each cookie with a bit of coarse sea salt if desired. Allow to cool, and serve with a delicious cup of coffee!