Impossible Burger by Impossible Foods Chef J. Michael Melton
Imperfect is delighted to finally offer plant-based meat from Impossible Foods to our customers. To celebrate this partnership and help you get cooking, we’re sharing some of our favorite recipes featuring the Impossible™ Burger.
This burger recipe is the fan-favorite of Impossible employees. We love it because it will satisfy your craving for a sizzling, juicy burger without wondering where the beef is.
- 1 package Impossible Burger*
- 1/2 c mayo*
- 1 Tbsp sriracha*
- 1 Tbsp pepperoncini
- 8 slices tomato*
- 1 red onion*
- 4 slices American cheese
- 2 Tbsp ketchup*
- 1 Tbsp dill pickle relish
- 4 leaves butter lettuce*
- 4 brioche buns*
- Salt and pepper
- Dill pickle chips*
*Ingredient available at Imperfect Foods
- Cook the Impossible: Form 1 package of Impossible Burger into 4 burger patties. Season to taste. Cook over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side. Add a slice of cheese on top and cover until the cheese has melted. (Make it 100% plant-based with plant-based cheese.)
- Make the Americana sauce: Mince the pepperoncini and combine with mayo, ketchup, sriracha, and dill pickle relish. *Make it 100% plant-based with plant-based mayo.
- Assemble: Thinly slice the onion. Toast the buns and then cover with the Americana sauce. Top with the burger, lettuce, onion, and dill pickle chips.
- Serve, share, and enjoy! Makes four delicious Impossible burgers.
Recipe Notes and Variations
- We love topping burgers with some homemade pickles.
- If you have leftover sauce, be sure to save it for topping other sandwiches and wraps.
- While you’ve got the grill going, try grilling any excess veggies you have around, or throw some peaches or pineapple you have around on the grill for an easy dessert.