Think celery is boring? Think again! This celery soup from Sophia Roe is so refreshing whether you eat it hot or cold. The flavors come together so perfectly that we sometimes can’t even believe it’s so simple. Sophia recommends making double and triple batches of this soup because it really is that good!
- 2 tbs olive oil*
- 1 onion, diced*
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, rough chopped*
- 1 garlic cloves, rough chopped*
- 3 cups celery, finely chopped*
- 1 cup yellow squash, peeled and chopped*
- 5 cups vegetable or chicken broth (water works fine too)*
- 2 tbsp almonds*
- 1/3 cup various herbs (Like a mixture of parsley, cilantro, and green onions)*
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Zest of one lemon*
*Ingredient available at Imperfect Foods
- Heat medium sized pot or dutch oven on medium heat. Add olive oil, celery, garlic, onion, squash, and mushrooms.
- Let sauté for 5-7 minutes until softened and translucent. Add broth (or water), bay leaf, salt, and pepper.
- Let cook on low for another 5 minutes. Discard bay leaf. In a blender, add almonds, 1/3 cup of herbs of your choice, and 2 cups of soup. You may want to add a little water if you’re looking for a thinner soup.
- Blend on high until thoroughly mixed. Add blender mixture into the pot with the rest of the soup. Add zest of one lemon, and taste if more seasoning is necessary.
- Serve with celery leaf as garnish, and enjoy.