cooking tips & tricks / featured / food, glorious food

6 Ways to Pumpkin Spice Up Your Life

You’ve been underestimating the potential of our Imperfect Pumpkin Spice mix, haven’t you? We know it’s tough this time of year to think of anything other than pie, but your favorite seasonal seasoning wants more out of life! Go beyond baking and start sprinkling it on anything that could benefit from a dash of autumn. You’ll want to keep the spice rack within arm’s reach this fall because we’ve got ideas to get you inspired.

Pumpkin Spice Popcorn for Fall Movie Night

What makes a movie a fall movie? If at any point the protagonist wears a sweater while drinking a hot beverage, or it stars Sandra Bullock, then it’s a fall movie. And what more appropriately accompanies a night in with Sandy B than a bowl of pumpkin-spiced popcorn? Sprinkle Pumpkin Spice as you would salt over our classic Movie Theater Popcorn.

Is it Oatmeal, or is it Pie?

Nothing will get you out of bed quicker than this warming bowl of hearty pumpkin pie oatmeal. Follow the recipe or simply add a scoop of pumpkin puree, a glug of maple syrup, a handful of pepitas, and a shake of Pumpkin Spice to your morning oats. Plan to make it the next time you have to wake up early, and you’ll be racing to the kitchen before your alarm goes off.

Pumpkin Spice French Toast

It’s an idea so brilliant and yet so obvious that we wonder how it took us until now to think of it. Swap out the cinnamon for Pumpkin Spice in our favorite French toast recipe, and you’re golden!

Go (Spiced) Nuts!

Delicious spiced nuts take only minutes to make and are a perfect breakfast topping or crowd-pleasing appetizer. Beware: If you’re snacking on them before dinner, try not to take too many handfuls – we’re having soup later!

Sprinkle on Soup

For a hint of complexity and a whiff of festivity, try adding a teaspoon of Pumpkin Spice to roasted kabocha squash and parsnip soup or to our ready-made Butternut Squash Soup. Don’t worry, adding a dash of Pumpkin Spice to a savory soup won’t make it taste like a coffee-chain latte. Although, if you pour a latte into a bowl, does that technically make it soup? A question for another blog post, perhaps.

Grain-Free Almond Butter Pumpkin Bars

Just a quick mix, a healthy heaping of pumpkin puree, and a pop in the oven later, and you got a warm batch of Almond Butter Pumpkin Bars. They’re just healthy enough to make you feel good about sharing them but not so healthy that you’ll want to give them all away.

Help our community spice up things up in the kitchen by sharing your favorite way to use pumpkin spice in the comments below!

anissa
    September 16, 2020 at 6:28 pm

as soon as i see this available to purchase, i will grab a jar. can’t wait!

Darra Converse
    September 16, 2020 at 6:30 pm

These Almond Butter Pumpkin Bars look delicious. I can swap out the honey for Lakanto Sugar Free Maple Syrup to make this keto friendly. I love it!
    Thanks for the ideas.

Katie
    September 16, 2020 at 6:34 pm

Great tips! Lately I’ve used Pumpkin Pie Spice as a substitute for Garam Masala when making curry. Just add some cumin and you can’t even tell the difference.

DARLENE R INGLISH
    September 17, 2020 at 2:16 am

the pumpkin almond butter bars sound great!!! I will try them; however, since we’re watching carbs/sugar, would really love a nutritional break down of recipe. Thanks!!!! Darlene Inglish dinglish1@cox.net

Paula
    September 17, 2020 at 3:32 pm

I’m a pumpkin lover I want that spice

TLy
    September 17, 2020 at 5:03 pm

Make a way better less sugar pumpkin spice coffee by sprinkling some into your cup, adding cream if you wish and way better for you fall coffee!

Meg Heilig
    September 21, 2020 at 3:35 pm

Why can’t you see prices before you sign up? I feel like you are hiding something. I am on social security and I want to see it all before I commit.

Imperfect
      September 30, 2020 at 10:08 pm

Since we’re dealing with fresh, perishable produce, we finalize our supply list as close to your delivery date as possible to ensure freshness and won’t have an accurate list of options until that point. We order based on season, patterns of waste, and active customers to provide 50-60 rotating weekly options without creating our own additional waste. You can always customize your order a few days before delivery [bit.ly/2CX7ptq] or skip a box before the end of the shopping window [bit.ly/2Q1gUQX].

Sue
      October 1, 2020 at 4:11 am

I live on ss I just get the $30.00 that they ask u to spend and shipping is $5.99 I skipped my first box and got my 2 one I get it every two weeks if I cant afford the 2 box I will skip that one to and skip intill I can afford it again it wont hurt to try it u pick everything out this is my first box I cant wait thank u for reading

Imperfect
        October 1, 2020 at 8:29 pm

Really glad to have you in our family! Also if you didn’t know already, we offer reduced cost boxes for those who qualify that might be of interest to you. Read more about that here: bit.ly/2Diai8R

Lisa Lash
      October 29, 2020 at 10:27 am

Hi Meg, I just ordered my first box and I was very happy to see great, low prices on most items, after being concerned too. The fruits and veggies seem to all be of good value. Check out the reply to Sue’s comment, there’s a link to see if you can qualify for a discount on your box. Best wishes for you!

Christine Turner
    October 24, 2020 at 1:31 am

Layer sweet potato slices (rounds) in a buttered ramekin. With a Sprinkle of Pumpkin Pie Spice, a drizzle of real maple syrup, and a couple dots of additional butter, then topped with toasted pecans after baking – it’s like pumpkin pie filling but healthier!

Tip: fold aluminum foil into a strip, place ramekin on center & pull up ends of foil to use as handles to help get it in & out of a 2 qt slow cooker. Now you’re not only healthy but energy efficient!

Imperfect
      November 12, 2020 at 11:48 pm

So awesome!

Karron
    November 5, 2020 at 12:29 am

I love the pumpkin pie spice.
    Last week I baked quinces in sugar, pumpkin pie spice, five spice and cardamon.
    Then yesterday I made two spiced braided yeast bread. For the filling, I ground together dates, butter, brown and white sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, cardamon and added chopped pecans. It was so incredibly delicious!!

Imperfect
      November 12, 2020 at 11:36 pm

Yes! We love to hear all of this! Sounds like you’ve been a busy lil baking bee!