This lovely and substantial persimmon salad features sweet and crunchy Fuyu persimmons, pomegranate seeds, toasted pecans, goat cheese, and pickled red onions.
Photo and recipe by Preppy Kitchen!
- 3 fuyu persimmons, peeled and sliced
- 2 red onions, sliced and pickled (instructions below)
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1 c pomegranate seeds
- 4 c frisée
- 4 c mixed greens
- 1 c pecans toasted
- 2 c red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 3 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Chop the red onions.
- In a medium bowl, pour red wine vinegar and honey. Stir mixture. Add red onions. Let sit for 30 minutes in order for onions to pickle. (If possible, pickle the onions ahead of time, they will only get better!)
- On a baking sheet, toast pecans for about 5 minutes. Let cool, then chop.
- Fill a medium sized bowl with water. Quarter your pomegranate and then open the pomegranate underwater. The seeds will sink. Collect those and set aside.
- Peel and slice your Fuyu persimmons.
- Use a mason jar to combine mustard, olive oil, lemon juice, honey, white wine vinegar, cumin and pepper. Shake to mix.
- Combine frisée and mixed greens in a salad bowl. Add in persimmons, pecans, onions, goat cheese, and pomegranate seeds.
- Drizzle dressing. Toss with salad tongs until combined.