Recipe and photos by Megan from Short Girl Tall Order
Transform your Brussels sprouts into an absolutely irresistible batch of savory, charred little baby cabbages with this simple yet addictive mixture of white miso paste, maple syrup and avocado oil.
- 4 c quartered Brussels sprouts
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1.5 Tbsp avocado oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray for the pan- can also use additional avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp white miso paste
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Cut your Brussels sprouts into quarters and mince your garlic.
- Spray a large baking tray with cooking spray or oil to coat. Add your Brussel sprouts and minced garlic to the pan and toss with the avocado oil, salt, and pepper. Add to the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes until the Brussels are browned and beginning to crisp. At the 10 minute mark, use a spatula to stir the vegetables around so they cook evenly.
- While the Brussels are cooking, make your miso glaze. Add the miso paste, maple syrup, and oil to a small bowl and whisk until a thick sauce is formed. Set aside.
- Once the Brussels are cooked, remove from the oven and immediately drizzle the miso sauce on top while they are still hot. Use a spoon or spatula to evenly mix the sauce as it will be pretty thick.
- Remove the Brussels from the baking tray and top with sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Recipe Notes and Variations
- Avocado oil can be replaced with other vegetable oils that can withstand high heat.
- This recipe can easily be doubled; just make sure the Brussels sprouts and garlic are not piled on top of each other so they can still cook easily.