Sit back and enjoy this perfect fall cocktail from Launderette, a renowned East Austin café. Tart, dry & refreshing, this imaginative apple cocktail comes alive with notes of lemon, pomegranate, and ginger. Topped with Rambler’s sparkling water, and mixed with pomegranate syrup, this drink will have you seeing life through rose-colored glasses.
Recipe and photos by Launderette
Makes one cocktail
Spiced Pomegranate Syrup
- 2 c pomegranate juice
- 2 c white sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 Tbsp dried hibiscus flower
- 1 c fresh ginger juice
Apple Ginger Make Believe
- .75 oz gin (Botanist Gin)
- .75 oz Calvados brandy (Busnel Calvados VSOP)
- .75 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1 dash bitters (Angostura Bitters)
- 1 oz Spiced Pomegranate Syrup (see above)
- 1 oz Rambler or your favorite sparkling water
- Thinly sliced green apple
- Combine pomegranate juice, sugar, cinnamon stick, and dried hibiscus flower in a pot and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Once cooled, strain the syrup.
- Mix syrup with fresh ginger juice at a 4 to 1 ratio and stir to combine. For example, mix 12 oz of syrup with 3 oz of fresh ginger juice.
- Combine gin, Calvados, lemon, bitters, and syrup in a shaker.
- Add ice and shake.
- Double strain into a chilled coupe glass.
- Top with Rambler Sparkling Water and garnish with green apple.
Recipe Notes and Variations
- Make some extra pomegranate syrup to save for future cocktails, desserts or dressings!
- If you enjoyed this apple cocktail, try our Plum and Ginger Old Fashioned.