Indulge yourself in all things fall with this smokey, sweet and flavorful cocktail. It’s warming, and refreshing, and delicious all at once. Try it garnished with an apple slice or if you’re feeling adventurous a piece of prosciutto, which adds saltiness to the smokey flavor of the mezcal.
Photo and recipe by Rebecca Taylor of Soley Nourished
- 4 oz Imperfect Foods Apple Cider
- 2 oz Lemon
- 4 oz Mezcal
- 1oz Maple Syrup
- 2 thin slices of apple or crisp prosciutto
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a shaker with ice and shake continuously for a few minutes.
- Strain into martini glasses and garnish with thinly sliced apple or crisp prosciutto.
- Enjoy and repeat.
Recipe Notes and Variations
- Prosciutto adds a salty bite as garnish, but apple is just as beautiful and delicious as a vegan/vegetarian option.
- A fun way to spice up this cocktail even more is by rimming the glass with a mix of coarse salt, sugar (any kind), and a little bit of ground ginger.