As healthy as it is hearty, this dish features Daring plant-based chicken tossed with nutritious veggies and high-fiber quinoa. Topped with a creamy tahini dressing and juicy pomegranate seeds, this superfood salad is a satisfying way to make veggies the center of your plate.
Recipe and photos by Daring Foods
For the Salad
- 1/2 c white quinoa
- 1 c Delicata squash, seeded and sliced or diced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (or avocado oil)
- 5 oz original Daring plant-based chicken pieces
- 4 c baby kale
- 1 c red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 watermelon radish, thinly sliced
- 12-16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 c pomegranate seeds
For the Dressing
- 1/4 c tahini
- 1/4 c water
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, minced
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions, then cool.
- Toss sliced or diced squash with olive oil and sea salt. Roast at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Heat coconut oil in a frying or saute pan over medium heat.
- Add Daring pieces and cook until golden brown, about 7 minutes.
- Toss baby kale, red cabbage, watermelon radishes, cherry tomatoes and pomegranate seeds together in a large salad bowl.
- Whisk ingredients for dressing until smooth and creamy.
- Assemble your salad!
Recipe Notes and Variations
- We encourage you to experiment with your favorite toppings or dressings to create your own signature superfood salad. Some of our favorite salad toppings include crunchy things, like toasted nuts or crushed tortilla chips, and fresh herbs like mint, cilantro, or basil.
- If raw kale tastes too tough or bitter for you, we recommend tossing it with the dressing ahead of time so it’s softer and more seasoned by the time you eat it. Alternatively, you could try the classic massage method.