Use your leftover canned pumpkin puree to make these un-fur-gettable homemade peanut butter and pumpkin dog treats! They’re easy to make and the perfect fall treat for your furry friend.
Makes 15 treats
- ¾ c Imperfect Foods Rolled Oats
- 1 c pumpkin puree
- 2 ¼ c whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbs peanut butter
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Mix together Imperfect Foods Rolled Oats and pumpkin puree in a large bowl.
- Add in flour, eggs, peanut butter, cinnamon and salt. Mix with an electric mixer. The dough will be crumbly.
- Add in water, one teaspoon at a time, until dough forms a ball.
- Turn over onto a floured surface and roll dough to ½ inch thick. Cut with a cookie cutter and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until crispy. Let cool.
Recipe Notes and Variations
- Make sure to get a dog bone cookie cutter that’s the right size for your furry friend. Trust us, once you own one and try this recipe you’ll be making your own dog treats all the time!
- These make an amazing present for your fellow dog owners. Just put them in a labeled mason jar with a ribbon and you’ve got the perfect gift for the holidays!