Chocolate truffles are a decadent treat that are surprisingly simple to make. This recipe only requires four ingredients and makes for an indulgent dessert or a fun homemade gift.
- 1 cup Imperfect Foods 85% dark chocolate discs, finely chopped
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup Imperfect Foods Cocoa Powder
- Place chocolate in a heat-proof bowl and set aside.
- Heat heavy cream on the stove until it’s simmering. Remove from heat.
- Pour hot heavy cream evenly over chocolate. Add vanilla extract and stir until chocolate is completely melted. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface and chill for 1-2 hours.
- Form 1-inch balls out of the chocolate mixture. Roll balls in cocoa powder.
- Cover and store your chocolate truffles at room temperature for 3-4 days or in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Recipe Notes and Variations
- Try adding different extracts, like peppermint, almond, or orange to change up the flavors of your truffles.
- Or create a few different fun truffle variations. You can try rolling some of the truffles in crushed nuts, rainbow sprinkles, or top them with mint. Or try pouring melted dark chocolate or white chocolate over a few of them.