This veggie-packed grain bowl is perfect for a healthy weekday lunch or make a big batch on Sunday and enjoy all week. Fresh veggies, black beans, and warm brown rice are tossed in Original Bitchin’ Sauce to make things a little more interesting. Bitchin’ Sauce’s cult classic almond dips are vegan, gluten-free, Non-GMO and Kosher.
Recipe and photo by Bitchin’ Sauce
Makes 4 servings
- 2 c brown rice, uncooked
- 1 can (15 oz each) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 c red cabbage, shredded
- 2 c tomatoes, diced, drained
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 jalapenos
- 1/2 c cilantro leaves
- 1/2 c green onion
- 1 c Original Bitchin’ Sauce
- Wash rice in a large bowl under cold water for 2-5 minutes until the water runs clear. Soak for at least 5 minutes. Boil 3 and half cups of water in a large saucepan, pour rice, and let simmer on low heat for 10 minutes or until the water has dried into the rice and the rice is soft.
- Heat beans in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Wash and chop all of the veggies.
- Spoon the rice and beans into bowls and top with 3-4 tablespoons of your Bitchin’ Sauce flavor of choice. Add chopped veggies (cabbage, tomato, avocado, corn). Add green onion, cilantro, and jalapeno to taste.
- Enjoy warm!
Recipe Notes and Variations
- If you loved this healthy and veggie-packed grain bowl, try this plant-based superfood salad featuring Daring vegan chicken.
- Elevate your bowl with shredded roast chicken and crunchy toppings like nuts or corn chips.
- If you loved this recipe, be sure to check out these Sweet Potato Tacos from Bitchin’ Sauce.