Holy guacamole, this guac is good. Creamy, zesty, and just the right amount of spice, this guacamole is about a classic as it gets. But feel free to switch things up and make it your own. For instance, add a scoop of greek yogurt for extra creamy guacamole or add diced jalapenos for a kick that will keep the spice-averse away and leave more for you. Enjoy with a bag of your favorite corn tortilla chips or add a dollop to tacos or nachos.
Makes 6 servings
- 3 large avocados, halved, seeded, and diced
- 1/4 lime, juiced, plus more for serving
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ red onion, diced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Place avocado and lime juice in a large bowl and toss lightly to coat. Add salt, cumin, cayenne pepper, onions, tomatoes, cilantro and garlic. Mash lightly with a fork until desired consistency is reached. Salt and pepper to taste. Add more lime juice if desired and serve with Imperfect Foods Corn Tortilla Chips.
Recipe notes and variations
- Be sure to use fresh limes for the best flavor. And feel free to use more than 1/4 lime, or even a lot more.
- According to super-star chef, Alton Brown, letting your guacamole sit at room temperature for an hour or two will help the flavor meld
- While classic guacamole usually calls for red onions, if you’re out, white onions will add that crisp crunch you’re looking for.
- Add a spoonful to chili for added flavor and color.