These roasted sweet potato tacos feature hearty black beans and fresh bell peppers. Topped with creamy Green Chile & Pepita Bitchin’ Sauce, these simple vegetarian sweet potato tacos make for a delicious dinner.
Bitchin’ Sauce’s cult classic almond dips are vegan, gluten-free, Non-GMO, and Kosher.
Recipe and photo by Bitchin’ Sauce
Makes 4 tacos
- 1 c whole corn kernels
- 1/2 c red onion, small diced
- 1/2 c green & orange bell pepper, small diced
- 3/4 c sweet potato, diced
- 1/2 c cooked black beans
- ½ c This Dip is Nuts! Roasted Green Chile & Pepita
- 1/4 c fresh cilantro
- ⅓ c feta cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tortillas
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400
- In a large bowl, mix corn, red onion, bell pepper, and feta cheese with 1tbsp of olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine sweet potato with 1tbsp olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste, coating evenly. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the sweet potato is cooked, layer your tacos at your desired ratio; approximately 1-2 spoonfuls sweet potato, 1 spoonful black beans, 1-2 spoonfuls of corn salsa mix.
- Last but not least, dollop with a hearty spoonful of This Dip is Nuts! Roasted Green Chile & Pepita.
Recipe Notes and Variations
- We chose feta for this recipe because it’s readily available. But if you can find it, we recommend trying cotija cheese or Mexican crema
- To make your tacos vegan, swap out the feta for avocado or vegan crema.
- If you loved this recipe, be sure to check out this delicious veggie and grain bowl from Bitchin’ Sauce.