These chocolatey banana oat muffins are warm and delicious fresh out of the oven, but also perfect for a week of ready-to-eat breakfasts. They’re healthy, but not too healthy, free of flour, and easy to make vegan. Let this be your go-to breakfast to please just about anybody.
Makes 12-14 breakfast muffins
- ⅓ cup Imperfect Foods Coconut Oil, melted
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 bananas)
- ¼ cup almond milk or water
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp Imperfect Foods Ground Cinnamon
- 2 ½ cups Imperfect Foods Rolled Oats, pulsed in a food processor into a powder
- ¼ – ⅓ cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut oil and honey. Beat in eggs, then mix in mashed bananas and milk or water.
- Add and combine the baking soda, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon. With a rubber spatula, fold in pulsed rolled oats, just until combined. Gently fold in chocolate chunks.
- Divide batter into prepared muffin tins and bake for 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Recipe Notes and Variations
- These banana oat breakfast muffins can easily be made vegan. Just replace the eggs with “flax eggs” and swap the honey for maple syrup or agave.
- If you want your muffins to have a light coconut-y flavor, we recommend using unrefined coconut oil. If you want the flavor of coconuts nowhere near your breakfast muffins, try refined coconut oil.
- Had enough of this recipe and want to mix up your muffin rotation? Try these tasty cinnamon apple oat muffins or a few of our favorite healthy breakfasts that will get you out of bed before lunch.