Straight out of a 90’s dinner party, this recipe for roasted artichokes is ready for entertaining! When choosing the right artichokes to roast, look for tightly-packed leaves but don’t worry if there are a few brown spots.
Makes 8 servings
- 4 fresh artichokes, rinsed
- 2 large lemons, juiced
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp Imperfect Foods Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Begin by preparing your artichokes: Use a sharp knife to cut off the bottom ½ inch of the artichoke stem. Then cut off the top 1 inch of the artichoke. Peel off any small leaves at the stem.
- Cut the artichokes in half, lengthwise. Use a spoon to remove the fuzzy “choke” in the center of the artichokes. Use kitchen scissors to clip off the pointy tips of the artichoke leaves so they don’t poke you as you eat them. Brush a little lemon juice all over each artichoke half.
- Place the artichokes on a baking sheet, cut side up. Brush with olive oil and fill the centers with garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Flip the artichokes over so they are cut side down. Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and cover the baking sheet tightly with foil. Bake for an additional 25-30 minutes or until tender.
- Drizzle artichokes with more lemon juice, if desired. Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
Recipe Notes and Variations
- Enjoy your roasted artichokes the classic way: with a heaping garlicky butter for dipping, or make a healthier dip by adding salt, pepper, and garlic to greek yogurt.
- Be sure to cut off the sharp and tough top of the leaves.