Cauliflower is really having a moment. And we’re here for it! But stepping back from the trend of taking cauliflower and turning it into something else, we thought we would take a second to appreciate cauliflower for who it really is. Well, sort of. We still roasted our cauliflower and topped it with cashews and a garlicky cheesy sauce. But underneath all the tasty crunchy bits it’s there, living its truth, sort of.
Recipe from Take Two
Makes 6 servings
- 1 head cauliflower (about 4-6 cups)
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ cup onion
- 1 tbsp garlic
- ¼ cup Take Two Original Barleymilk
- ¾ cup shredded parmesan
- ½ cup chopped cashews
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Chop cauliflower into 1-2 inch florets and add to a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
- Heat butter in a medium saucepan. Add onion and sauté until translucent (about 5 minutes). Add garlic and cook one additional minute. Add Take Two Original Barleymilk and bring to a simmer. Slowly add parmesan, stirring as you add to incorporate it well.
- Remove cheese mixture from heat and toss in the bowl with the cauliflower.
- Pour cheesy cauliflower out onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake at 425 for about 30-40 minutes or until the cauliflower is starting to brown and the cheese starts to caramelize.
- Top your cheesy roasted cauliflower with chopped cashews and enjoy!
Recipe Notes and Variations
This recipe can easily be made completely vegan. Just swap out the dairy-based butter and parmesan for a vegan variety like Miyokos.
We also love this vegan cashew parmesan recipe in case you want to make your vegan parm from scratch.
What is Take Two Barleymilk?
It’s a delicious low carbon milk alternative that incorporates the leftover spent grain from beer making.