Recreate the classic takeout dish right at home with Nona Lim’s Pad Thai Stir Fry Kit. This kit is complete with noodles and sauce so you can get dinner ready from box to plate in 15 minutes or less. Although Nona uses chicken in this easy pad thai recipe, you can easily swap it out for tofu or a fried egg to make it vegetarian.
Makes 2 servings
- 1 box of Nona Lim Pad Thai Stir Fry Kit
- 6 oz chicken (white or dark meat), thinly sliced, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 4 oz. bean sprouts
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 tbsp Roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 Lime wedges
- Cut a small vent in noodle pouches and microwave until they are warm (30-60 seconds). Leave noodles in the pouch.
- For chicken, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet or wok over medium heat. Add garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add chicken and stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes until cooked.
- To prepare vegetables, add bean sprouts and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add noodles and sauce to skillet or wok and toss everything for 1 minute, being careful to handle the noodles gently. If possible, toss ingredients using a wrist-flick motion to minimize handling the noodles with a utensil.
- Once noodles and sauce are well incorporated, plate your Pad Thai, garnish with green onions, peanuts, and lime wedges.
Recipe Notes and Variations
- When stir-frying your noodles, be sure they’re warm before they hit the pan. Nona recommends microwaving the noodles in their packaging first so that they separate and cook easily without breaking.
- Rice noodles should be handled gently even though stir-frying traditionally requires fast cooking and high heat. If you’re able to toss your ingredients without the use of utensils, go for it!
- If you loved this Easy Chicken Pad Thai recipe sure to check out Nona’s recipe for a cheesy Ramen Alfredo Fusion!