Have you ever wanted tea and a smoothie at the same time? This Mango Iced Tea is only five ingredients and perfect for lounging-on-the-porch weather or for a cool pick-me-up on a hot day.
Makes 2-3 servings
- 1 cup mango puree (about 1 and a half large mangos – you can use the extra 1/2 mango for garnishing)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3 black tea bags
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey, optional
- Peel the mangoes and cut into chunks. Puree mango chunks in a blender or food process until smooth.
- In a pitcher, pour boiling water over black tea bags and steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and add mango puree to the tea.
- Cover tea and refrigerate until cool, about 30 minutes.
- Strain tea through a sieve to squeeze out mango pulp. Stir in lemon juice and honey, if using. Serve cold with ice and garnish with mango chunks.
Recipe Notes and Variations
- Preserve your leftover mango pulp for a mango and goji berry smoothie!
- For our recipe, we used fresh Meyer lemons and floral honey for a few extra special flavor elements.
- If you don’t have a sieve and you’re a fan of pulp, you could also make the tea this way: Chill the tea without mango, and then once it’s cold blend with the mango and other ingredients.
- If you loved this recipe for Mango Iced tea and you’re a fan of being refreshed, we think you’d enjoy this Refreshing Strawberry Basil Lemonade.