This delicious recipe comes courtesy of our friends at Love Beets. They put tremendous amounts of time, effort, and love into growing their ruby-hued beets and you can seriously taste the difference in this recipe. This Beet, Arugula, and Goat Cheese Quiche doubles as an easy crowd-pleaser and a fancy brunch centerpiece. Which is what all recipes should aim to be really.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 tbsp cold unsalted butter, diced
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¾ tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 package Love Beets Organic Cooked Beets, sliced into rounds
- ¾-1 cup goat cheese
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour and salt.
- Add cold butter and use your hands or a dough cutter to work the butter into the flour.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the egg and milk. Make a well in the flour mixture, add egg/milk mixture and stir together until just incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Then, transfer to a floured surface and knead the dough until it comes together in a smooth ball. Roll out dough to a 15-inch circle.
- Press dough into the bottom of an 8-inch tart pan (or any 8-inch pan) and remove any excess dough. Transfer to refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy cream, salt, pepper, thyme, and dill. Stir in arugula, then pour into chilled crust.
- Top with sliced beets and goat cheese.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the center is completely set and the top is slightly browned. Cool for a few minutes, then slice and enjoy.
- Garnish with fresh arugula and more goat cheese (optional).
Recipe Notes and Variations
- Store any leftovers in a sealed tight container in the fridge or freezer.
- If you loved this Beet, Arugula, and Goat Cheese Quiche, try our gorgeous recipe for a Beets and Sweets Gratin.