If you’re in a pinch, on a budget, or just rushing to get dinner on the table, the four ingredient meal is your weeknight hero. These Chimichurri Chicken Tacos are on the table in a jiffy and bound to be your new favorite go-to dinner.
- 1 6-pack Mi Rancho Corn Tortillas
- 1 pack Imperfect Foods Chicken Breasts
- 1 pouch Haven’s Kitchen Herby Chimichurri Sauce
- Optional garnishes: lime wedges, chopped onions, cheese, chopped avocado, or serrano peppers
- Heat grill over medium-high heat. Butterfly chicken breasts by laying them down and cutting through the middle, horizontally, but not all the way through. They should open up like a book.
- Toss chicken with half of the Haven’s Kitchen Herby Chimichurri Sauce pouch. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Grill for 4-5 minutes on one side. Flip and cook for about 4-5 minutes, or until breasts are tender but cooked through.
- Cut chicken breasts into strips.
- Warm-up tortillas either in the microwave or on the grill.
- Assemble your tacos. Serve with more chimichurri sauce and add toppings and garnishes if desired.
Recipe Notes and Variations
- Just about any veggie you have rolling around in your fridge would go great in these tacos. Chop up some lettuce, thinly slice a few radishes, shred some kale in there, or experiment with a hint of something bright like pickled red onions.