If you’re in a pinch, on a budget, or just rushing to get dinner on the table, the four ingredient meal is your weeknight hero. This Chicken Tikka Masala is fragrant, full of flavor, and ready in under an hour. Enjoy next time you’re in the mood for something both easy and comforting.
- 1 cup Imperfect Foods Quick Cooking Brown Rice
- 2 tbsp Imperfect Foods Olive Oil
- 1lb pack of Imperfect Foods Chicken Thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 6 oz pack Sach Foods Organic Original Paneer, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 12.5 oz can Maya Kaimal Tikka Masala Mild Simmer Sauce
- ¾ cup cilantro leaves, for garnish, if desired
- Cook the rice. In a medium saucepan, combine Quick Cooking Brown Rice with 2 ½ cup water. Bring mixture to a boil, stir, then reduce heat to a simmer and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Cook for 30 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and let rest covered, for 5 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, heat olive oil on a large skillet over medium heat. Add cubed chicken and paneer and cook 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Add tikka masala sauce and simmer for 15 minutes over low heat, or until chicken is cooked through. If sauce becomes too thick, add water to thin.
- Serve with rice and garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Recipe Notes and Variations
- You can’t go wrong with chicken when it comes to weeknight dinners. Check out our 6 Healthy Chicken Recipes, only one of which is Salad