This Bento Box Lunch is out-of-this-world adorable. If you’ve got picky eaters, Starlord-obsessed kids, or just some very lucky little ones who get to benefit from your generous creativity, this Outer Space Bento Box Sandwich is for you. But also there’s no shame in being the kind of adult who also prefers their sandwiches to be star-shaped.
- 2 slices Imperfect Foods Multigrain Sliced Bread
- 1 slice ham
- 1 slice cheese
- 1 cup rainbow carrots, cut into strips
- ¼ cup hummus
- 1 slice melon of choice
- 1 small handful of berries
- 1 hard-boiled egg, cut in half lengthwise
- ¼ cup sliced cucumbers
- “eyeball” sprinkles, if desired (which you do)
- 1 bento box, or lunch box with dividers
- 1 large sun-shaped cookie cutter
- small star and moon-shaped cookie cutters
- Make the sandwiches. Form sandwiches with bread, cheese, and ham. Use the large sun cookie cutter to cut out a sun from the sandwich. Remove the top slice of bread and use a knife to cut a circle in the middle of the bread to expose the cheese and ham.
- Use the small star and moon cookie cutters to cut shapes out of the melon and cucumber slices.
- Assemble the bento boxes. Place the ham and cheese sandwich in one section, the melon and berries in another section, and the carrots and hummus in another section. Place the cucumber pieces on the last section and place the eggs on top. Place “eyeball” sprinkles, if using, on top of the egg yolks to form “aliens.”
Recipe Notes and Variations
- If you’ve already got a lunch box and don’t want to buy a new one, turn yours into a bento box by adding cardboard separators cut out from your Imperfect box.
- If you loved this Ham & Cheese Bento Box Sandwich, check out our other bento box lunches.