Warm, delicious, and bursting with blueberries– these healthy Baked Berry Oatmeal Cups make for an easy, on-the-go breakfast or packable snack. What’s extra great about recipes like this is that you can easily prevent food waste. Make as many as you want and then pop what you don’t eat right away in the freezer. The next morning all you have to do is reheat them in the oven until they’re warm all the way through.
We primarily used blueberries for this recipe, but blackberries or roughly chopped strawberries will work just as well. For a more decadent option, try adding chocolate chips!
Makes 12 servings
- 2 cups Imperfect Foods Rolled Oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (or berry of choice)
- 1 cup yogurt (we used Forager’s vanilla cashew yogurt)
- 2 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Generously grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix together milk, eggs, honey, and vanilla until combined. Add dry ingredients to the bowl and mix until well combined. The mixture will be liquidy.
- Using a large spoon, distribute the mixture evenly between the muffin cups. Top each cup evenly with blueberries.
- Bake for 25-27 minutes, or until the top of the cups are firm. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes.
- Make the icing. Mix the yogurt and the honey until fully incorporated. Drizzle over the Baked Oatmeal Cups.