You can use any citrus you like for this recipe though we recommend something with a little sweetness like oranges, grapefruit, or mandarins. Warm, comforting, and citrusy, this tea is a favorite for cold weather or, alternatively, when you’re feeling a little under the weather.
Makes 2-3 servings
- 2 cups freshly squeezed pomelo juice (grapefruits can also be used)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ tsp whole allspice berries
- ½ cup water
- Cinnamon sticks or pomelo slices for garnish
1. Combine juice, honey, cinnamon stick, allspice, and water in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil for 2 minutes.
2. Cool slightly and strain tea from pulp and spices.
3. Serve hot with cinnamon sticks or slices of pomelo.