This recipe was featured in our Imperfect Almanac.
Go ahead and pinch yourself because the recipe of your dreams is finally a reality. Say it with us: Pumpkin 👏 Brown 👏 Butter 👏 Pasta 👏. Super simple to make and seriously rewarding, enjoy this recipe at the end of a long day.
- 1 lb dried Imperfect Foods Spaghetti
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 16 sage leaves
- ¾ cup Imperfect Foods Pumpkin Butter
- Salt, fresh cracked black pepper, crushed red pepper, to taste
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese, to top
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large pan over medium-low heat. Once butter is melted, add sliced garlic and cook until butter begins to foam and turn brown. About 4-5 minutes.
- Add sage leaves and cook, stirring often, until sage turns dark green and crispy, about 1 minute. (If the sauce looks like it’s going to burn, add a splash of water.) Add pumpkin butter and stir until mixture is well combined.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions and drain.
- Add drained pasta to the sauce and return to medium heat. Cook, stirring until pasta is well coated, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Season to taste with salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper.
- Divide pasta among bowls/plates and top with parmesan cheese.
Recipe Notes and variations
- In the mood for even more pumpkin-y pasta? Of course, you are. Try our Vegan Ricotta Stuffed Shells with Creamy Pumpkin Sauce.
- To make this recipe vegan, swap out the brown butter for a few glugs of olive oil and try making a vegan, cashew-based parmesan.
- And because we can never get enough pumpkin this time of year, check out our Three Ways to Eat All the Pumpkin Butter and 6 Ways to Pumpkin Spice Up Your Life.