Are you the type of person who believes all burgers are incomplete without pickles? If you are, this burger is for you. With the addition of kimchi and gochujang mayo, these burgers are bursting with flavor and just the right amount of heat. Once you’ve finished all your kimchi, be sure to save the leftover juice for fried rice or this kimchi jjigae (kimchi stew) recipe which has an unheard-of 65,000 5-star reviews.
Makes 4 burgers
Ground beef mixture
- 1 ½ lbs Imperfect Foods Ground Beef (or Impossible Ground Burger)
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp gochujang paste
- 1 cup kimchi, lightly chopped
- 4 slices of American cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- 16 bread and butter pickle slices
- Thinly sliced scallions, for topping
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and gochujang until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together ground beef, soy sauce, sesame oil, and garlic powder. Mix with your hands until just combined, being careful not to overwork.
- Divide the ground beef mixture into 4 equal sized patties. Season patties with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook patties using the cooking method of your choice (grill, cast iron pan, etc.) until desired doneness (approximately 4 minutes per side for medium). Add American cheese slices during the last minute of cooking.
- To build the burgers: Spread gochujang mayo on both sides of the buns. Add 4 pickle slices on the bottom bun. Place burgers on top of the pickles and top the burgers with chopped kimchi and scallions. Finish with a bun on top and serve.