Seeeee. You were right to hold on to that cranberry sauce leftover from Thanksgiving. Thankfully, cranberry sauce goes great with cheese and cheese is one of the main food groups during the holidays (along with cookies, chocolate, and bread). Serve your leftover cranberry sauce in this easy and incredibly tasty Baked Brie at your holiday gatherings and we promise there definitely won’t be any leftovers this time.
Serves 4-6 as an appetizer
- 1 8-oz round brie cheese (such as Mt. Tam), at room temperature
- ⅓ cup leftover cranberry sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp orange zest
- ⅛ tsp Imperfect Foods Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ cup Imperfect Foods Pecan Pieces
- Fresh rosemary, to garnish
- Assorted crackers or bread, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Once the oven has heated completely, place pecans on a lined baking sheet and toast for 5-10 minutes. Watch them carefully as they can burn quickly. As soon as they brown slightly and become fragrant, remove them from the oven and set aside.
- Increase oven temperature to 425º. Slice off the top rind of the brie. Remove a small amount of the cheese from the top to create a divot where the cranberry sauce will go. Place the cheese in a lined pie pan or a small baking dish.
- Mix together cranberry sauce, honey, vanilla, zest, and nutmeg. Top brie with the cranberry mixture.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until the cranberry sauce is bubbling.
- Using a spatula or two, carefully slide the cheese onto a serving dish. Garnish with rosemary sprigs and toasted pecan pieces. Serve immediately with crackers or bread.
Recipe Notes and Variations
- Not that we need to convince you, but be sure to enjoy the extra brie you scooped out in step 2 as a little snack while you bake.
- As for the leftover brie rind, it’s completely edible and delicious. You can bake the brie rind in the oven to make it warm, melty and delicious, add it to the base of creamy soup for an extra umami element, or simply snack on it with a little cranberry sauce because it’s cheese and cheese is the best.