We were curious to see how our beloved Imperfect Foods Dark Chocolate Covered Cherries would fare in the classic Italian twice-baked treat. To our delight, they’re delicious! These Chocolate and Cherry Biscotti are the perfect crispy, crunchy accompaniment to coffee or tea.
Makes about 36 cookies
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups Imperfect Foods Chocolate Covered Cherries, finely chopped
- ½ cup white chocolate chips for drizzling, optional
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, and then stir in vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt and stir into butter mixture until just blended. Mix in chopped up Imperfect Foods Chocolate Covered Cherries.
- Divide dough in half and arrange both halves onto the lined baking sheets, with about 4 inches between them.
- With lightly floured hands, shape each half into long rectangles about 11 inches long and 2 ½ inches wide.
- Bake dough for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes. Using a serrated knife, cut the rectangles, still on the pan, into diagonal slices ½ inch wide. Carefully turn the slices onto their sides and return to the oven. Add slices to another lined baking sheet if needed.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the edges are golden. Let biscotti cool completely on the pans. Drizzle with melted white chocolate chips if desired.
Recipe Notes and Variations
- If you loved these Dark Chocolate and Cherry Biscotti, be sure to check out the rest of the sweet treats in our Cookies From Around the World series like our Chocolate Coconut Ghriba.