When you’re hungry and in a pinch, fried rice is always a good idea. This recipe makes an already easy dish even easier because everything is cooked in a single sheet pan. Fried rice is perfectly versatile and you can change up the types of veggies or proteins based on what you already have in your refrigerator.
Makes 4 Servings
- 4 cups cooked Imperfect Foods Brown Rice (preferable leftover and slightly dry)
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- ⅓ soy sauce
- 3 cups roughly chopped vegetables (broccoli, carrots, sweet potatoes, squash or mushrooms work well)
- 6 oz bacon, cut into 2-inch pieces or 1 package Imperfect Foods Bacon Ends and Pieces (you can also substitute in chopped sausage, ground pork or beef)
- Optional toppings: fried eggs, sesame seeds, chili sauce
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Spray a sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Add rice, soy sauce, vegetables, and the scallions. Toss with your hands and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes and remove from the oven and stir, to avoid burning the edges. Return to the oven and cook for another 10-15 minutes. Add bacon pieces and stir again and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until bacon is crisp (or if using other protein, cook until protein is fully cooked).
- Remove from the oven. Serve with additional soy sauce to taste and top with fried egg, sesame seeds, or chili sauce, if desired.